Water purification is the removal of harmful chemicals, biological pollutants, suspended particles, and gases from polluted water. The objective is to generate water suitable for a particular use.
The vast majority of water is treated for human consumption (water for drinking), but water purification could also be intended to meet the needs of medicinal, pharmaceutical, chemical, and industrial applications. The water purifier price in Bangladesh depends on the functions and effectiveness of any water purifier.
Physical techniques such as filtration, sedimentation, and distillation are employed, as well as biochemical pathways such as slow sand filters or biologically active carbon, chemical processes such as flocculation and chlorination, and the use of electromagnetic radiation emitted by the sun such as ultraviolet light.
Nowadays, pure, clean, and healthy drinking water is not readily available. Increasing population, industrialization, and environmental deterioration are all contributing factors. Given this circumstance, this becomes even more vital for us to be knowledgeable about filtration procedures and the water purifiers available on the market to assure the purity of our drinking water.
Factors to look at before buying a water purifier
- Type and quality of water – The first step in selecting the best water purifier for your residence is determining the water’s quality and your needs. Total dissolved salts (TDS) represent the number of contaminants in water. Potassium, sodium, chlorine, and magnesium are among the impurities. Two types are mentioned below-
- Hard water
– This type is usually found underground or in tanker supplies
– This leaves mineral stains
– This contains fluorides, arsenic, or other heavy metallic structures like lead
– The recommended water purifier is RO (reverse osmosis)
Reverse osmosis uses a semi-permeable membrane to help eliminate the impurities. It helps remove calcium and magnesium from the water, consequently reducing the hardness of the water. Alongside, it also eradicates harmful chemicals like arsenic, lead, mercury and fluorides. This is ideal for high TDS water.
- Soft water
- This type is usually found in rivers or lakes, in rainwater or in municipal water supplies
- This water produces thick lather when washing clothes
- Impurities include salt, ionic compounds and sodium
- The recommended water purifier is UV
Ultraviolet purification uses ultraviolet rays of high intensity to diminish or inhibit the viruses and bacteria. This is ideal for low TDS water, and this purification does not eliminate dissolved impurities, and this is why it is advised to use pre and post-filters paired up with activated carbon filters.
- Storage tank quality and capacity
- The storage tank stores the clean and purified water for later use. This is very helpful, especially in areas with frequent interruption in electricity supplies.
- The material used in construction of the storage tank must be of food grade and must not contain any toxic materials, for example – stainless steel tanks
- This is very convenient because it shows you the water levels and purifier statuses like the indicator for any parts that need to be changed, TDS levels, filter membrane change signal, and many more features
- Activated carbon filter
- This filter is very essential since it removes all organic impurities, pesticides, chlorine and other substances which may cause a bad aftertaste and leave an unpleasant odor in the water.
- This filter acts as a final purifying step and also enhances the taste of the water.
- Membranes and filters
- UF membranes help eliminate tiny soil particles
- RO membranes help demolish dissolved impurities like salts, metal debris, and other biological pollutants
- UV filters deactivate the bacteria, parasites, viruses and other microorganisms.
- Sediment pre-filter
- This helps remove smooth and coarse particles like dust, dirt and mud
- This increases the longevity of the membranes
- Reduces maintenance expenses
- Can be added as an attachment to most filters that have been previously setup.
Another factor you must consider is the water purifier price in Bangladesh. Most people have a budget they would like to spend on their water purifier. So it’s very important that you first fix your budget and then choose the water purifier that provides you the best solution or effectiveness within that budget.
Advantages of a water purification system
- Cleaner and healthier water – Sadly, one of the byproducts of industrialization and consumerism today is the plastic debris dumped into water reservoirs. Ultimately, the drinking water that reaches us is tainted with the pollutants of plastic garbage and other hazardous substances.
Investing in a quality water purifier is therefore essential for achieving maximum health. You may purchase a high-end water purifier online or at physical stores. It will make sure that the water you drink is clean, nutritious, and toxin-free.
- Better taste – In contrast to water that has not been purified and may have a salty taste, fresh water is healthier and tastes much nicer. Look for the right water filter online that has positive user ratings regarding the water’s purity and flavor.
- Reduces cancer risks – A long time ago, chlorine was one of the most cost-effective methods for cleaning water. However, that was not the safest method for purifying drinking water. According to research, those who consume chlorinated water are far more likely to develop cancer than those whose water did not involve chlorine.
The water purified by a water purifier is thankfully free of chlorine and its byproducts. These purifiers reduce the incidence of several types of cancer, including rectal, colon, and bladder cancer. It is therefore vital to use a water purification system or filters to ensure that your drinking water is free of chlorine’s harmful effects.
- Easy maintenance – It is far more practical to always have a water purifier established in your home as opposed to purchasing large bottles of purified water from the local corner store every other day. In addition, they are simple to maintain, as personnel from the water purifier manufacturer periodically visit to service the filter.
- Saves money and is reliable – If you consume bottled water daily, this may not be the optimal answer. In addition to being a pricey choice, there is no assurance that the water is clean and pure. Refilling discarded water bottles with water from any dubious source is simple.
- Sustainable – Each time you use bottled water, you contribute to the accumulation of plastic garbage in the environment. The finest aspect of purchasing a water purifier is that you are opting for a long-term solution that will benefit you.
It is common knowledge that safe drinking water is crucial for maintaining good health. The difficulty with drinking bottled water from unknown sources or tap water is that it includes dangerous chemicals and inorganic substances such as lead, which, when consumed in excess, can induce high blood pressure and renal difficulties.
Due to the pollution on the environment and the depletion of our natural resources, we must find a technique to filter these toxins out of our drinking water.