If you’re a basketball fan, you know there’s no such thing as a “one-and-done” in the sport. That means even the best teams have to fight tooth and nail for every win and every inch on the court. Who are the best basketball teams in the world? Well, that’s a tough question to answer…especially since it changes so frequently. But in honor of these top squads, we decided to compile our list of the top 10 basketball teams in the world right now. From perennial powerhouses like LeBron James’ Cleveland Cavaliers and Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry’s Golden State Warriors to up-and-coming squads like Damian Lillard and Kyrie Irving’s Boston Celtics, take a look at who made our list.
Team USA is the most dominant basketball team in the world. They’ve been a top contender since the 1992 Olympics, and have won a staggering seven Olympic gold medals.
This year’s FIBA World Cup was their first ever loss, but it doesn’t change the fact that they’re still one of the best teams out there. Here are five reasons why Team USA is still one of the very best basketball teams in the world.
1. Experience: Team USA has years of experience under their belt, which has helped them to become one of the most skilled teams in the game. Between Olympic Gold medals and International Championships, they’ve played against some of the best teams in the world and come out on top almost every time. This experience will help them when they compete at major tournaments like this year’s FIBA World Cup.
2. Depth: Even though Team USA isn’t as young as some of their competition (many players are over 30), they have a lot of depth thanks to their international roster. This allows them to rotate players in and out depending on how well they’re playing so that everyone is always involved and fresh for game action. This depth also allows them to experiment with different strategies during games, which can help them find new ways to win games even if they’re trailing early on.
3. Passing: One thing that sets Team USA apart from other teams is their ability to pass the ball effectively and move it around quickly without turning it over
Spain is one of the most prestigious basketball countries in the world. They have a rich basketball history and have produced some of the best players in the world. The Spanish national team has won a number of international tournaments, including EuroBasket in 2007 and the World Championship in 2005.
The top Spanish basketball teams include Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Bilbao and Valencia. These teams are all very competitive and often compete for honours at international tournaments. Barcelona is arguably the best team in Spain and they have been dominant domestically and internationally over the past few years. They won both the Spanish League championship and EuroLeague title in 2006-2007 season. Real Madrid is also a very strong team and they have dominated Spanish league play for many years. They have also won several European titles, including two consecutive European Championships (1999-2000). Valencia is another successful team and they have won several domestic titles over the past few years. Bilbao is a relatively new club but they are enjoying some success now with several domestic titles to their name.
Australia has been a powerhouse in the sport of basketball for years, and rightfully so. With some of the best players in the world competing in or originating from Australia, there is no shortage of talent. Here are the five best teams in Australia:
1. Melbourne United
2. Perth Wildcats
3. Sydney Kings
4. Brisbane Bullets
5. Adelaide 36ers
Argentina has been a powerhouse in basketball for many years now, with teams consistently qualifying for the FIBA World Cup and even making it to the final once. Here are four of the best Argentinean squads of all time.
1) Los Angeles Lakers (1985-1986): This team was led by Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and they were dethroned in the playoffs when they faced the Boston Celtics. Still, this squad is considered one of the best ever fielded by LA Lakers.
2) Barcelona Tigers (1997): This team featured players like Pichi Zaragoza and Manu Ginobili, and they dominated their competition en route to winning the Spanish League championship and EuroLeague title.
3) Buenos Aires Central (1995): Known as “La Máquina” (“The Machine”), this Argentinian squad was loaded with talent, including Luis Scola, Andrés Nocioni, Facundo Prigioni, Ettore Messina, Jorge Garbajosa, and Carlos Delfino. They reached the 1995FIBA World Cup Final but lost to USA TEAMBASE 89-86.
4) Argentina National Team (1994-1996): This team was led by David Robinson and then Mike D’Antoni, who helped them win silver medals at both the Olympic Games in Atlanta ’96 and FIBA World Championship in Spain ’96.
The top basketball teams in the world are all located in Brazil. The country has a rich and successful history with the game of basketball, and this has resulted in some of the best talent being available to play the sport.
One of Brazil’s most well-known basketball players is LeBron James, who currently plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers in the United States. Other international stars such as Carmelo Anthony, Dwayne Wade and Kevin Durant have all played for Brazilian clubs during their careers.
Brazilian teams are known for their high-energy play, which is combined with an excellent defensive system. This combination has seen them achieve success at both the international and club level. They have won several Olympic gold medals, as well as numerous domestic titles.
With the 2018-19 season now in full swing, it’s time to take a look at the top 10 basketball teams in the world. As we’ve seen so often over the years, no team is invincible and anything can happen in a game. But as of right now, these are the ten best teams on planet earth and I wouldn’t be surprised if they all ended up winning their respective championships come June. Who will be crowned king or queen of basketball this year? Stay tuned to find out!